cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lkhoney2003
Level 6

JRE is not getting delete

I am using a typical project template to support both GUI and console mode installation.
It works fine when I used Typical install set (means all folders including JRE are getting remove at uninstall).

JRE is not getting uninstall, if application was installed through Minimal install set.
In case of Minimal install set, It also always force for a reboot and JRE folder is also not getting remove during uninstall.

I am shipping JRE1.5.0_15 JVM with the installer and facing issue on Windows XP With SP2 (32-Bit).

Please provide some help.
Thanks in advance,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(8) Replies
lkhoney2003
Level 6

0 Kudos
ivenkata
Level 6

Hi,

We are unable to reproduce the issue which you had mentioned. We tried with both the SUN/IBM 1.5 JRE.

Check if you had enabled the "Do not remove bundled VM while uninstalling" under Project-->Java

OR

Check if the "InstallAnywhere VM Component" under Organization tab is configured properly.

If you still face the issue please let us know your configuration or attach Project file

Thanks,
Indraneel
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

My feeling is that you have a java process that still run in your "Minimal install set".

That will also explain why you are prompted for a reboot.
0 Kudos
lkhoney2003
Level 6

Hi Indraneel & Jerome,

Thanks for the pointer.
But I am not able to find out anything wrong in my project file.

Do IA have different uninstall sequence for Typical and Minimal install set.

Please let me also know if there is any way to generate uninstall log.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
lkhoney2003
Level 6

Hi,
Please provide me some help. I am not able to figure out.
Also how can I generate uninstall logs.

Thanks,
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, you can't (generate uninstall logs), as uninstallation is supposed not to leave files behind.
0 Kudos
lkhoney2003
Level 6

Then how can I debug my uninstallation?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Lokesh,

By trying to debug the uninstallation, if you want to see an expanded sysout and syserr, then go to your products Installed Home / Uninstaller directory.

If your uninstaller is called as "Change Installation.exe", you would have a file called as "Change Installation.lax" file. Please go and change the following values.

lax.stderr.redirect=
lax.stdout.redirect=

and
put a new property
lax.nl.java.option.additional=-Dlax.debug.all=true -Dlax.debug.level=3

and you should get loads of logs in the error file and out files.

Thanks,
0 Kudos