cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
khayati
Level 5

Installer to execute in Consoler mode

Hi

I have a GUI based installer.I want to execute this installer in console mode as well.How should i do tht?
Do i also need to add to add console panels in the installer the same way i did for GUI installer ?
Please help.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(11) Replies
munsingh
Level 6

Yes. If your IA project does not have them, then you need to add similar console panels.

If you are using IA 2008 Enterprise, the typical template will generate console panels automatically.
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

Hi Munish

Thanks alot for the information.Yes I ma using IA 2008 Valu pack 1 .How can i generate console panels automatically from GUI panels ?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

When you click Add Action in the Pre-Install task, for example, there should be a Consoles tab where you add the console dialogs you want (see figure below).

You'll also want to make sure "Console" is selected in Installer UI > Look & Feel; and you can change the default UI type for some platforms in Project > Platforms > platform...
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

ok.. so that means i have to duplicate all the panels used in GUI to console panels ... means i will be having double panels and actions for eahc task at the end ?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Correct, at least for panels, you will have GUI and console equivalents in your project:
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

ok.. and what abt actions and custom code rules and actions...? Do i need to duplicate that as well?
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

I believe non-panel actions will run in any mode (GUI, console, or silent), so there should be no need to duplicate them.
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

ok..Thnks Robert for ur help
0 Kudos
munsingh
Level 6

As far as I know this is only way.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

RobertDickau wrote:
I believe non-panel actions will run in any mode (GUI, console, or silent), so there should be no need to duplicate them.

But for Custom Panels you will need to implement equivalent Custom Consoles...
0 Kudos
khayati
Level 5

ok... so it means only panels (Wether provided by IA or customised by me ) needs to be duplicated in IA......and nothing beside that?I mean the custom rules and actions in GUI ?Bcoz we do have a set of diff IA API's for console as well....so was thinking wether my original rules and actions(both IA based and custom code ) will work on in console mode or not?
0 Kudos