cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerome_IA
Level 9

Installer crash in console mode if display is set (IA 2010 PatchA)

Since I upgraded from IA2010 to IA2010 patch A, I experienced some crashes in linux console mode as soon as the display is set on.
The environment does not have X available but display is set.
-----------------
# echo $DISPLAY
localhost:0
-----------------

Has anyone suffered same issue ?
unsetting display work arround the issue ...

Anyway I cannot be sure that the reason is Patch A as this was not the only thing changed. How can I downgrade to IA 2010 (so removing patch A) for testing? :confused:

Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

Stack Trace:
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class sun.awt.X11GraphicsEnvironment
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:169)
at java.awt.GraphicsEnvironment.getLocalGraphicsEnvironment(GraphicsEnvironment.java:68)
at sun.font.FontManager.initSGEnv(FontManager.java:1307)
at sun.font.FontManager.findFont2D(FontManager.java:1984)
at java.awt.Font.getFont2D(Font.java:455)
at java.awt.Font.getFamily(Font.java:1144)
at java.awt.Font.getFamily_NoClientCode(Font.java:1118)
at java.awt.Font.getFamily(Font.java:1110)
...etc...
sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.launch(DashoA10*..)
at com.zerog.lax.LAX.main(DashoA10*..)
This Application has Unexpectedly Quit: Invocation of this Java Application has caused an InvocationTargetException. This application will now exit. (LAX)

TIA

Jerome

PS: java.version = 1.6.0_19
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Whoa, it looks like a regression to me (some time ago there used to be an issue like this, where console mode installation would fail if X libraries were missing (i.e. console mode installation wasn't really console mode)).
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

If anyone from InstallAnywhere support reads this, can you please link me to the procedure of rollbacking to InstallAnywhere 2010 ... as rollback feature has been created, I guess it can be done easily ? otherwise there might be some file to delete ?

I will also create a new incident/support case.

I can confirm that Patch A is responsible as I build the same code with IA2009 & IA2010 Patch A and problem happens only with IA2010 PatchA ! (Previously builded with IA2010 and it was working as well).

TIA

Jerome
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In the worst case can't you uninstall / reinstall the pristine IA 2010?
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

pv7721 wrote:
In the worst case can't you uninstall / reinstall the pristine IA 2010?

Yes, but I sometimes got trouble with licenses on fresh installations and I really need to build asap today ... so I will finally keep this bug on ... which is not nice but not critical!

Flexera told that this is a bug in their code which will be fixed in next version.
I will anyway get back in IA2010 initial tomorrow ... I will have time to handle any problem I may face.

BTW, I tried the "-repair" option to rollback ... and it looks like this is not done in their own installer :rolleyes:

Thanks anyway !

Jerome
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi jerome_IA,

We could not reproduce this issue. Would it be possible to attach your project?

Thanks,
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

jijujacob27 wrote:
Hi jerome_IA,

We could not reproduce this issue. Would it be possible to attach your project?

Thanks,

This was reproduced according to the email I received from support:

This problem has been reproduced and determined to be an issue in our software. This issue has been submitted to our Engineering team as Issue # IOA-000052404. Currently, there is no workaround.

Can you tell me if it is possible to remove patch A without reinstalling IA2010 initial version ?

Regards.

Jerome
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I finally uninstalled, then re-installed InstallAnywhere 2010 and licensing was already correctly applied. 😉

I do not face the problem anymore.

Regards

Jerome
0 Kudos