cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saviofernandes
Level 2

InstallAnywhere Readme files

I am using InstallAnywhere 2012. In the post-install section the installer is showing a readme . There are internal and external links in the readme file. The internal ones are not working(it is not navigating to the respective section of readme).
Tutuapp 9appsshowbox

I tried to open the readme.html in a browser and there it works fine.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
rohanwan
Level 3

Assume that InstallAnywhere is not the problem. Assume that it works exactly the way it’s supposed to and instead look at your own code for the problem.

For instance. I used some code out of a book when it ran everything worked perfect. Then I changed what it was to look at and suddenly the end result was totally wrong.9appsWhat I didn’t realize was that it was using a message box that had a limit to how much text you can put into it. As a result the message box showed just the header and nothing else. When I change it to use a text box which has a much larger text limit then the result was what I expected.
0 Kudos
rohanwan
Level 3

I am kind of new to Installanywhere. I am working on Linux based installer and to ssh into other machine I need to pass the password as a parameter. For that, I would like to package and use9apps
0 Kudos
GrantWilson
Level 3

The details may be found in the InstallAnywhere docs and a textbook (for Flexera students to buy book review) . I shared the guide how to navigate the internal links in the readme files.

0 Kudos