cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Input validations for installers

Hi All,

Please help me to give input validations for inputs using install anywhere tool.i am giving the blank input,installer not prompting any pop-up window.blank data is taking.

Regards,
Sreekanth
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
12 Replies
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Re: Input validations for installers

If you don't want to accept blank input, you may want to compare the IA result variable with the $NULL$ value, and in case this was what the end user entered send them back to the previous panel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

input validations

hi thank u for reply,could you please provide me example for result variable comparison
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

In the Pre-Install task, right after your Input Panel, you should use a Display Message, with the following Rule: Check IA variable, your $USER_INPUT_IA_VARIABLE$ equals $NULL$ then display a meaningful message to the end user and return to the previous panel (i.e. the one asking for the input).
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

input validations

this means i need to use display message panel after my input panel.i ahve tried like that but after the display message panel its installing is going i am not getting remaining panel.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

input validations

i want to disable the next button if end user give blank information is it possible
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Only a Custom Code panel will allow the desired behavior. In what I was offering, the user couldn't by pass your panel unless they entered a non-null value.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

input validations

Hi,

I could not able to check result variables with NULL value for "Get user input-simple" panel and choose file panel.show message dialog box is appearing only for "Get user input-Advanced" panel only.could you please help me to how to check result variable for "Get user input-simple"
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Flexera beginner

Is it possible for you to post your project?
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pilgrim

1) You may add a Display Message Panel (To show the error)
2) Add a rule to the panel Compare InstallAnywhere variable
($USER_INPUT_RESULTS$ equals $NULL$ ) where $USER_INPUT_RESULTS$ is Results Variable of the corresponding field that you want to validate
0 Kudos