cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Increment numerical value in InstallAnywhere

have a question for those of you who have worked with InstallAnywhere:

I essentially have written a while loop in an InstallAnywhere project. What I would like to find is an easy and simple way to implement a counter inside this "While loop". Here is some pseudo code of my attempt:

Set InstallAnywhere Variable: $COUNT$ = 0
Jump Label: while
Execute Script/Batch File:
@echo off
set /a TEMP_NUM=$COUNT$+1 > nul
echo %TEMP_NUM%
Set InstallAnywhere Variable: $COUNT$ = $EXECUTE_STDOUT$
Jump: while Rule: $COUNT$ [Less Than or Equal to] 100
The above code sets $COUNT$ to the following:
Nox Showbox Mobdro

Loop 0:
Loop 1:
Loop 2:
I wonder if this happens because InstallAnywhere is replacing $COUNT$ inside the batch file with 0 in the first loop, and then in subsequent loops it re-uses the same batch file with $COUNT$ already substituted in (like in a batch for loop or if statement).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
33 Replies
dirowixi
Pilgrim

Yes it Allow

Yes, InstallAnywhere allows you to create "actions" and you just fill in the details. There is an action that executes whatever you type into the Text Area and stores the output in a variable ($EXECUTE_STDOUT$). I am unsure how these actions are implemented except that they are implemented using java. It could be that the Text Area that holds the batch code is saved to a batch file with the Install Anywhere variables substituted in punjabi status and then when the action is executed again, it just reruns the saved batch file instead of recreating it. That would mean my solution would not work.
0 Kudos
Jaisuff
Pilgrim

Installanywhere problem

Hellow Community, I'M Jaisuff and I have Windows 8.1 and am trying to update a program (ROS offline - Irish tax authority's prog) I get this message -The installer cannot run in this UI mode. To specify the interface mode, use the – i command-line option, followed by the UI mode identifier. The valid UI modes are GUI, Console, and Silent. What can I do quickpayportal
0 Kudos
imjamespeter
Pilgrim

Re: Increment numerical value in InstallAnywhere

williamsgopal wrote:
have a question for those of you who have worked with InstallAnywhere:

I essentially have written a while loop in an InstallAnywhere project. What I would like to find is an easy and simple way to implement a counter inside this "While loop". Here is some pseudo code of my attempt Mobdroredbox tv:

@echo off
echo %TEMP_NUM%
The above code sets $COUNT$ to the following:

Loop 0:
Loop 1:
Loop 2:
I wonder if this happens because InstallAnywhere is replacing $COUNT$ inside the batch file with 0 in the first loop, and then in subsequent loops it re-uses the same batch file with $COUNT$ already substituted in (like in a batch for loop or if statement).

Can you describe easily?
Thanks
James
0 Kudos
vidyavox
Pilgrim

Increment numerical value in InstallAnywhere

@echo off
echo %TEMP_NUM%
In line 5 and 6, what you are essentially doing is: echo $COUNT$+1

In line 7, you are setting COUNT to $EXECUTE_STDOUT$ ( which is usually 0, I believe? ) That would explain why it prints Jio4GVoice 1 everytime because $COUNT$ gets set to 0 at the end of each loop.
0 Kudos
Daku07
Pilgrim

Try doing this

[Set InstallAnywhere Variable: $COUNT$ = 0
@echo off
echo %TEMP_NUM%

In line 5 and 6, what you are essentially Blokada doing is: echo $COUNT$+1

In line 7, you are setting COUNT to $EXECUTE_STDOUT$ ( which is usually 0, I believe? ) That TvTap would explain why it prints 1 everytime because $COUNT$ gets set to 0 at the end of each BobbyMovie loop.
0 Kudos
0011saif
Pilgrim

I was able to use this file without any problems until i tried to update the JRE provided with the InstallAnywhere application. That's what i did:

I used Build.exe to build my installer
I noticed I had some annoying java related warnings during the process(console output)
After a little research I came across a solution that offered to update the included JRE (Ver. 1.7) in the InstallAnywhere root folder.
shwobox shayari
I replaced the JRE with a more recent version (1.8)
Since then I get the following error only when Build.exe is used. The InstallAnywhere GUI works just fine.
0 Kudos
imtomalex
Pilgrim

0011saif wrote:
I was able to use this file without any problems until i tried to update the JRE provided with the InstallAnywhere application. That's what i did:

I noticed I had some annoying java related warnings during the process(console output)
After a little research I came across a solution that offered to update the included JRE (Ver. 1.7) in the InstallAnywhere root folder.
live tv
Since then I get the following error only when Build.exe is used. The InstallAnywhere GUI works just fine.

Not understand what you said.
0 Kudos
jasonholder
Pilgrim

@echo off
echo %TEMP_NUM%
In line 5 and 6, what you are essentially doing is: echo $COUNT$+1

In line 7, you are setting COUNT to $EXECUTE_STDOUT$ ( which is usually 0, I believe? ) That would explain why it prints tv 1 everytime because $COUNT$ gets set to 0 at the end of each loop.
0 Kudos
JustinJack
Pilgrim

0011saif wrote:

shwobox error fix shayari

I also install anywhere GUI but it didn't works better with me.
0 Kudos