cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mananshah
Level 3

How to reduce patch size?

Hi
Our installer is quite big in size around 36MB. When are creating patch for upgrade size become almost of 30 MB while modification is only in one file.

Product Version base: 2.2.2.1
Upgrade to 2.2.2.2 (Patch 1)
Upgrade to 2.2.2.3 (Patch 2)

We are using patch sequencing.
Latest: 2.2.2.3
Previous: 2.2.2.1
Which generate update.exe (of 2.2.2.3) and it is capable to upgrade form 2.2.2.1 to 2.2.2.3 and 2.2.2.2 to 2.2.2.3.

If we are not using patch sequencing still size is not reduced.

How we can reduce the size of our patch?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(7) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Do you bundle any VM in your installer?
0 Kudos
mananshah
Level 3

No. Only Exe of my application.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Without your project it is hard to say why the patch is as big as the original setup when only one file is modified.
0 Kudos
mananshah
Level 3

Please let me know what details you require.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well I don't quite require anything, as I'm not affiliated in any way with Flexera Software... but if for instance it's possible for you to post your .iap_xml project I can take a look at it and maybe have a better idea. Otherwise, you may want to contact directly the Flexera Software support with your question.
0 Kudos
mananshah
Level 3

Sorry ! I was not asking in that manner.
It just like give me the requirement and I'll get back to you with the same.

Thanks,
Manan
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think you've missed it in my previous post: "Is it possible for you to post your .iap_xml project?"

pv7721 wrote:
Well I don't quite require anything, as I'm not affiliated in any way with Flexera Software... but if for instance it's possible for you to post your .iap_xml project I can take a look at it and maybe have a better idea. Otherwise, you may want to contact directly the Flexera Software support with your question.
0 Kudos