cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greenaj
Level 3

How to edit source files paths in Install pane Advanced Designer? Can't seem to.

I needed to change some folders containing installation files and change hard coded paths ones containing $IA_PROJECT_DIR$. So far, the only way I have accomplished this is by editing the iap_xml project file. Advanced Designer seems to have editing the paths disabled. This this the way it is supposed to work? I don't want to have to delete the files and re-add them.

I would also like to use variables to compose the names of source values, such as libMySdk.so.$MAJOR_VER$.$MINOR_VER$.$REV_NUM$. These file names change with builds. Is there a "best practices" way of doing this, or do you manually edit the iap_xml file? I am new to InstallAnywhere, mostly familiar with Wix (Windows only MSI) and NSIS. For both of these tools, you can do this.

Cheers,
greenaj
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
greenaj
Level 3

I'll answer my own post. You can't. Open up the .ia_xml project file with your favorite XML editor and find the CDATA section(s) containing the file names. There is where you edit. This may not be supported, but it is the only way. This may be better than having to delete files in Advanced Designer and add them in again with paths containing variables.
0 Kudos