cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amusku
Level 5

How to create shortcuts (I am using Speedfolders)

Hi,
I am new to IA, I am using Enterprise edition of IA 2008.
I am facing problem with creation of shortcuts. I am packaging my java application, which is very much straight forward thing.But I want to create short cuts on my desktop and programs folder. The problem i am facing is as I am using speed folder, I was unable to locate the .bat files under Installed file--> Choose target. How do I specify the .bat file in this case. But using speed folder is must for me. Please give your suggestions as soon as possible.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Perhaps add your shortcut target as a normal file link, and then specify that same file as an exclusion in the SpeedFolder settings?
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Thanks for your reply.

regards,
Ajaykumar
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

Hi,
I am in trouble again. I did the same as suggested above but the shortcut is not created in the "programs" folder.any idea on this.Please help me I am struck here.
0 Kudos
RobertDickau
Flexera Alumni

Is the shortcut being created in the wrong place, or not being created at all? Does a shortcut work in a simpler test project?
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

I am trying to create the shortcut under the following directory
"Programs folder/$Companyname$/$productname$"
but I am able to create shortcut under "Programs folder". If I try to create the short cut under "Programs folder/$Companyname$/$productname$" it is not happening.I tried setting the user_magic_folder1 variable value to
$WIN_PROGRAMS_MENU$\Wavecenter\$PRODUCT_NAME$.Please let me know what else I have to do?
0 Kudos
amusku
Level 5

It works fine now. Issue is due to typo mistakes, the variable USER_MAGIC_FOLDER has some gaps in between but are not visible in the IA GUI. Guys please take care of this during your development time.Thanks alot for all your support.
0 Kudos