cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ascans
Level 3

How to create program shortcut inside folder [InstallAnywhere 2008]

Hi,

I am currently using InstallAnywhere and wondering anyone knows how to create a shortcut inside a folder. e.g. On Windows, Start > Programs > (My program) > Docs > (shortcut to documentations) - Create a shortcut inside the "Docs" folder in Start > Programs menu.

Thanks in advance.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(6) Replies
dekely
Level 3

Hi,
Did you find your answer ?
I'm also stcuk with this issue.

thanks
Dekel
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

What's the issue here? You can create the shortcut, and then either put it in the $USER_SHORTCUTS$ which can be defined in the Project/Platforms/Windows for instance or give the end-user choice by using the appropriate panel.
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

This is unrelated to the original question, but I see in your project file you have @variablename@ listed in places. What are at-sign variables and how do they differ from dollarsign variables? I haven't seen mention of atsign before.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Why do you say that the answer is unrelated to the original question? In order to answer your question, the @ bound variables are to be replaced with correct values using ANT BEFORE building IA projects (I'm preprocessing the .iap_xml files right before building them).
0 Kudos
nosrednayduj
Level 7

I meant that MY question was unrelated, not your post. The ant preprocessing thing is an interesting idea -- of course I've already invested in a gazillion separate projects. But I'm not sure I'd want to give up the "Build" and "Try Installer" buttons, which presumably you can't use with this paradigm.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Well, I'm also doing some other magic which makes for bigger projects (the screenshot I've posted comes from the smallest one) which indeed prevents me from building the project from within IA. But like I've said, this small project for instance I can build if I really want to from the Advanced Designer and what I get is a perfectly working installer but with variables unreplaced (yeah it's a bit odd to see installing in C:\Program Files\@some-folder@ and have shortcuts this way, but it works! But anyhow, as the build process is completely automatic and modular, I can modify something and relaunch only the setup construction part, so after a while I've got my new setups built using the command line build tool.
0 Kudos