cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijji123
Level 6

How can i go to finish screen if the installer fails in the pre-requisite checks

Hi,

I am doing some pre-requisite checks during pre-installation phase and if any of pre-requisite check is failing i am prompting a message dialog box and exiting from the installation.

Is there any possibility that if any of the pre-requisite fails, i can move to finish screen(where i can say installation failed).

I think in the InstallAnyWhere's 'ShowMessageDialogAction' we have only

Return to PreviousPanel
Conitue to Next
Cancel and Exit

but we do not have some thing like move to finish panel.(I think this suuport is there in ISMP).

Thanks,
Vijji123
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(16) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

What would be the point to send the to the finish screen if installation is not finished? And thus what's wrong with cancelling and exiting?
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

If some pre-requisite check is failing, we are just prompting a message dialogue and exiting from the installation rather than that i want a finish panel even in case of installation failure also. In the finish panel i want to tell some descriptive information like why installation failed and path for log file.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
nuser27
Level 3

it sounds like you could used a jump label (at your final panel) and if your pre-reqs in the pre install aren't met then exectue a jump to target (to the jump label).

nick
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi ,

Thanks for your reply.

I think Jump Label and Jump Target actions are useful to use with in the same phase, i mean both must be in the pre-install or post-install.But i want to jump from pre-install to post-install.

In the JumpAction i am able to view only the labels that were added in the in the same phase.so both JumpLabel and JumpTarget both should be in pre-install or post-install.But i want a jump from pre-install to post-install.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
sturge
Level 6

I'd just use the General action: Show Message Dialog, and set it to just have one button that Cancels and Exits when selected.
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Any Help, to use Jump Label and GoTo targets between pre-install and post-install phases.I am able to use these Jump Label and GoTo Targets in the same phase.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

sturge wrote:
I'd just use the General action: Show Message Dialog, and set it to just have one button that Cancels and Exits when selected.

This was exactly what I had recommended, but...
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi,

I am looking for Finish Panel, Just like Install Complete panel.Rather than showing Mesage Dialog Box and exiting from the Installation.I want to move to some Finish panel(which contains descriptive information for the failure) which is there in the post-installation when ever some condition failed during pre-install.For this sake i want to use Jump Label and Jump Target.But these support only with in pre-install or post-install but not from pre-install to post-install.

I am attaching the Finish panel that was there in ISMP.I want similar kind of support in Install Anywhere also.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

vijji123 wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for Finish Panel, Just like Install Complete panel.Rather than showing Mesage Dialog Box and exiting from the Installation.I want to move to some Finish panel(which contains descriptive information for the failure) which is there in the post-installation when ever some condition failed during pre-install.For this sake i want to use Jump Label and Jump Target.But these support only with in pre-install or post-install but not from pre-install to post-install.

I am attaching the Finish panel that was there in ISMP.I want similar kind of support in Install Anywhere also.

Thanks,
Vijji123

And what are you going to do if there isn't any?!?
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi Vijji123,

For your case, you can do the following workaround.

When in pre install, you detect this failure, then set a variable like $precondition_failed$ to true

Go to install phase and put the rules to all parent elements that $precondition_failed$ should be false for these elements.

Go to post install phase, where you add a Install Finish panel with the condition $precondition_failed$ equals true and show this text.

In case of uninstall, we do have the $SKIP_UNINSTALL$ to skip the uninstall and take you directly from pre uninstall to the post uninstall phase.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi Jacob,

Thanks for u r reply,

It is working.I am facing one problem with this functionality.When ever $PRECONDITION_FAILED$ is true, i want to skip entire install phase.
That's why i am putting this logical condition on UserInstallFolder of Install Phase.Condition is working fine but while running installer it is showing installing
and it is creating Uninstall folder also.

Could you please let me know how can i completely skip entire installation phase.Do we any pre-defined variable to skip install phase completely.

Thanks
Vijji123
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi Vijji123,

At present there is no option to skip the install phase entirely, but we can try to accomodate the same in some future release of IA, provided the product management approves.

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi Jacob,

I managed the skipping of install phase and un-install phase using $PRECONDITION_FAILED$, but still it is creating empty install and un-install folder.
Is there any way to avoid creating these folders,or shall i need to remove those folders at the end of installation through installer.

Thanks,
Vijji123
0 Kudos
jijujacob27
Level 6

Hi Vijji123,
Can you please check if the install phase rule for checking $precondition_failed$ is set to false on the magic folders such as $USER_INSTALL_DIR$, and shortcut magic folder.

However, if this does not resolve your issue, then the only way forward would be to delete the folders as you rightly pointed out.

Thanks,
Jiju
0 Kudos
vijji123
Level 6

Hi Jacob,

Could you please look this post @

http://community.flexerasoftware.com/showthread.php?p=453638#post453638

Please reply me.

Thanks,
Vijay
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Vijay, you should not mix up different issues in the same thread (each thread should discuss a single issue), on one hand, and on another hand, even if Jiju was kind enough to have the private messaging functionality enabled, allowing you to send him a private message, alerting him on the other issue, I guess that if you've got a business critical issue, the right course would have been to contact the Flexera Software technical support!

My 2c
0 Kudos