cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bandobast
Level 3

GUI automation test

I am trying to run the example provided in gui-test-auto with a standard windows installer as *.exe format, but it continuously gives me this error

--- Installer STDOUT ---
--- Installer STDERR ---
Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Users\bandobast\Desktop\TestProduct\TestProduct_Build_Output\Default_Configuration\Web_Installers\InstData\Windows\NoVM\install.exe
--- Installer END ---

Does this gui automation test only work with *.jar installers? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pinka_email
Level 2

I am facing the same issue, trying to run .exe from but got an error message "Invalid or corrupt jarfile C:\Path\setup.exe.
How do we run .exe file?

I hope to get the reply soon.

Thanks,
Pinka
bandobast wrote:
I am trying to run the example provided in gui-test-auto with a standard windows installer as *.exe format, but it continuously gives me this error

Does this gui automation test only work with *.jar installers? Any help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

In both cases, the error messages suggests that a .jar is expected to be run, and not an .exe file.
0 Kudos
avudaithangam
Level 5

Hi,
To run a executable for GUI automation other than .jar files you have to use Runtime getRuntime() exec( -gui_auto:12060). Most of the methods supported for a .jar installer would not work for a .exe installer.
0 Kudos