cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DrewSE
Level 3

Example of Apple Notarization

Jump to solution

I'm having a heck of a time getting Apple Notarization to work with InstallAnywhere 2020.  I've entered (what I think are) the right values into IA, but the resulting installer is refused by the Apple Notarization service. (I get errors like "The binary is not signed with a valid Developer ID certificate." and "The signature does not include a secure timestamp.")

Is there a reference example that shows how to get code-signing and notarization working starting from just a .jar and a Developer ID Application certificate?

0 Kudos
(1) Solution
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi Christophe,

I have attached a .zip file to this comment which contains a script I have used to create a VM Pack for the macOS JRE downloaded as a .tar.gz file.  This should allow you to create a VM Pack from the specific JRE version you would like to include with your installer.  I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any questions about the script or what it is doing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Tony

View solution in original post

(5) Replies
vdonga
Moderator Moderator

Can you let me know if you are building a 'with VM' or 'No VM' installer. In our tests we have seen that notarization passes for an installer with the below VM pack

https://github.com/corretto/corretto-11/releases/tag/11.0.7.10.1-1

0 Kudos

Hello 

Seems the VM wizard tool doesn't work for this java distrib,("please select a valid path for jre..")
Is it possible to share directly the VM file please ?
Is it planned to update the list https://www.revenera.com/install/products/installanywhere/installanywhere-files-utilities/jre-vm-packs.html also ? 
Thanks
--

Christophe

0 Kudos

Christophe,

Yea, that's a problem too.  I worked with Flexera Support to build figure this out and end up using a script that he provided.

The basic recipe is below:

1. Copy OpenJDK11U-jre_x64_mac_hotspot_11.0.7.10.tar.gz to an empty directory
  2. Extract the .tar.gz file to that directory
  3. Make a directory named jre
  4. Move the Contents directory from the extracted .tar.gz file (jdk-11.0.7+10-jre/Contents) to the jre directory (jre/Contents)
  5. Make another directory named jre in the just moved jre/Contents/Home directory (jre/Contents/Home/jre)
  6. Copy everything inside the jre/Contents/Home directory to the inner jre directory (jre/Contents/Home/jre)
  7. Delete jre/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib
  8. Create a link in it's place:   jre/Contents/MacOS/libjli.dylib --> jre/Contents/Home/jre/lib/jli/libjli.dylib

But then, the VM Pack Wizard doesn't handle the symbolic link... thus the need for a script to zip everything up.

I'll forward this message to the Flexera Support person I was talking to and ask him to post the script.

-Drew

0 Kudos
tony_flexera
Revenera Community Admin Revenera Community Admin
Revenera Community Admin

Hi Christophe,

I have attached a .zip file to this comment which contains a script I have used to create a VM Pack for the macOS JRE downloaded as a .tar.gz file.  This should allow you to create a VM Pack from the specific JRE version you would like to include with your installer.  I hope this helps but please let me know if you have any questions about the script or what it is doing.  Thanks.

Regards,

Tony

It works! Thanks!

0 Kudos