Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qqqqqq
Level 7

Distribution option

2 doubts:
1)
I just want to have a .exe as a output .. normally it outputs that web installer thing along with the .exe... Is it possible to get just the .exe ?

2)
I want different names for .exe like build1.exe build2.exe for knowing after which build the .exe is created.
I tried putting IA variable as 'Installer name' but it did not work.
In short i want "build_$BUILD_NO$.exe" as output.. is it possible?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
qqqqqq
Level 7

any suggestions ?
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I don't use the Web page created by the web installer, I just copy the .exe out and place it on a share where others grab it. I believe if you want to use the self-extracting exe you have to build the web installer. Does it really matter if it makes the extra html page?

I don't know if you are automating your builds or doing by hand so I can't comment on the second issue besides going into the project and renaming the build each time you do one.
0 Kudos
qqqqqq
Level 7

Yes I want to use it for Automatic builds.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Like MeInstaller said, using the Web Distribution as on option will always get you the web part stuff around the .exe... which brings us to your second question: AFAIK it is not possible to get a dynamic name for your installer, but what prevents you from copying your setup.exe to whatever name you want? So as soon as the automatic build number X has finished you can have an automatic copy from the IA output folder to a BuildX/setupX.exe name...
0 Kudos