cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tfromm1
Level 7

Disable Link Destination Folder installation for specific install features

Inside my installer I've got two install features.

One installs the complete product (in this case I want e.g. entries inside the start-menu of windows) the other one deploys a webapp into an existing app server installation.
For the second case I don't need any link installations.

In the "Assign Actions to product Features" tree I can disable the link-entries for the deployment installation, but the (now empty) link destination folder will be still created. Exists a rule or workaround where I can check which install set is choosen at install?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

I'm not sure of this, but if this is possible, if I were you, I would try this workaround: if in case of some feature installation links are not needed, but an empty one is still created, you may want to add a supplemental delete action if the feature in question is present in the list of installed features.
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

I hope you get paid for this support inside the forum 😉

I'll try the delete action... but thats really an ugly workaround 😕

In my foggy memory I thought that for every install set I chose a variable will be created. Do you know the name of the variable?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

tfromm1, you're kiddin' me right? Hey if I were to have nothing but a cent for each post... I would have more than 150 green bucks for now! 🙂

I know it's an ugly workaround, but sometimes an ugly workaround is better than nothing.

Have you checked the manual the section of Standard IA variables?
0 Kudos
tfromm1
Level 7

pv7721 wrote:

Have you checked the manual the section of Standard IA variables?

I tried to use $CHOSEN_INSTALL_SET$ and so on for a rule inside the "Install"-tree but with no affect.
Only when I configure no link destination folder as default for windows, then no destination folder is created. But at the other install targets, the user have to enable the installation of links. (because no link installation is selected inside the Choose Link Folder panel...)

Do you know which variable I've to set (and with which value), to reconfigure the default appearance of the Choose Link Folder panel?
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

As far as I know, no standard panel is influenced by any IA standard variable. So Choose Link Folder panel will always look the same, no matter what IA variable you set.
0 Kudos