cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rcabete
Level 2

Custom code panel and GUI automation

Hi all,

I've developed and installer with InstallAnyWhere 2008 VP1 and one of the requirements is to create an automated install process, using the GUI installer to simulate the user inputs.

For that I've writen several classes which extend the GUIAutomationFixture class.

Now I'm having a problem with a custom code panel. The GUI automation mechanism works fine for every other panels (non custom code panels). After this custom code panel is shown the mechanism doesn't do anything at all.

After some debugging I've found that the waitForPanel("title"); times out... it is like if the panel is never shown. :confused:

Any ideas are appreciated.

Regards
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Not wanting to break your enthusiasm... but in InstallAnywhere for quite a while now, there is the silent installation mechanism, which has been specially designed for automatic unattended installations, with no user input (thus no need for simulating it).
0 Kudos
rcabete
Level 2

pv7721 wrote:
Not wanting to break your enthusiasm... but in InstallAnywhere for quite a while now, there is the silent installation mechanism, which has been specially designed for automatic unattended installations, with no user input (thus no need for simulating it).

I'm aware of the silent installation mechanisn but, unfortunately, one of the requirements for the project is to simulate the user input in the installer panels. :mad:
0 Kudos