cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksmith1874
Level 2

Custom InstallFromManifest action

Hello,

I am new to install anywhere. My product needs a particular action that will read a "enhanced" manifest file that allows the manifest file to contain user and group file/directory ownership. Being that the product is being installed as root/administrator I need the ability to set a files user and group ownership and I would like to have that ready from the manifest.

I began to look into a CustomCodeAction/CustomCodeActionBuilder in order to create a plugin that would enhance the InstallFromManifest feature to also read the user/group name/id/variable from the manifest file. I am not understanding how Actions contribute to files being added to the install archive. That is what I would like to accomplish. I would like to create a action that acts like InstallFromManifest that I can use to 1) during build read from a file and gather source files to put into the install archive, 2) during install read the manifest file to take files from the install archive and put them in the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ with particular permissions and ownership and 3) during uninstall reads the manifest to determine what needs to be uninstalled.

Can you please suggest a method to do this?

Regards,
Kevin J. Smith.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
DrPsyche
Level 3

Hello,

I am new to install anywhere. My product needs a particular action that will read a "enhanced" manifest file that allows the manifest file to contain user and group file/directory ownership. Being that the product is being installed as root/administrator I need the ability to set a files user and group ownership and I would like to have that ready from the manifest.

I began to look into a CustomCodeAction/CustomCodeActionBuilder in order to create a plugin that would enhance the InstallFromManifest feature to also read the user/group name/id/variable from the manifest file. I am not understanding how Actions contribute to files being added to the install archive. That is what I would like to accomplish. I would like to create a action that acts like InstallFromManifest that I can use to 1) during build read from a file and gather source files to put into the install archive, 2) during install read the manifest file to take files from the install archive and put them in the $USER_INSTALL_DIR$ write my essay with particular permissions and ownership and 3) during uninstall reads the manifest to determine what needs to be uninstalled.

Can you please suggest a method to do this?

Regards,
Kevin J. Smith.

Hello,

I've tried to run ccmsetup /uninstall with the old version from the old server. It was not simply the copy accessible locally. But the failure persists. InstallFromManifest failed; 0x8007064c error code.
0 Kudos