cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
narendhran1
Level 5

Current User Installation(User Specific)

Hi,

May i know how to install an windows exe specific to current user(admin) alone(Which should not be visible to other admin users in the system).I have a requirement to create an installer in windows which should install separatley for every admin users in the machine and uninstaller for that specific current user.Installanywhere default updating in All users mode,since because of that i am not able to install the same product again as a different user(it goes for repair or modify mode).I am in a critical position if any inputs greatly helpful!!!!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Maybe you may want to try the Multiple Instances feature, available in IA 2010 only. But I'm afraid that you cannot hide one installation done for an admin from another admin user on the same system.
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

Thanks for your reply pv7721,

I want to install My Application in PerUser basis.
please help?
0 Kudos
narendhran1
Level 5

Hi pv7721,

I want to create installer with Installanywhere 2009 Enterprise edition which should install as current user not as all users installation.Is that possible in Installanywhere..Any property to change this default behaviour of all users installation...Any help!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
praveendanam
Level 5

Hi,

Could you please try to use the property.

praveen
0 Kudos
palanisamy
Level 7

Hi praveendanam,

I am also facing the same issue in my application, How to pass "ALLUSERS" property in InstallAnywhere.
0 Kudos
Munirus3
Level 2

good post, thanks for post, +1))))
0 Kudos
palanisamy
Level 7

If u know the answer reply the post , don't comment on post.

If u have a guts to solve the issue??????????????...
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

palanisamy, Munirus3 is just a spammer, check the profile. I've already flagged its post, you may want to do the same!
0 Kudos
barbie
Level 2

What does it mean user installation? On this site? By the way, I've got a superior essay on technologies from best-custom-essays.com.
0 Kudos