cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Commander_Groo
Level 4

Controlling execution flow during install phase

During the install phase of my installer, I would like to display a prompt if a certain error condition is met. I would like the user to have an option to retry the step that failed, but it seems that InstallAnywhere does't allow jump actions to jump back to a earlier step. Is there another way of doing this? I want the user to be able to possible recover during the installation instead of crashing out of the installer.

Thanks.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
gshamrao
Level 3

Hi,

Currently controlling execution flow during install phase or runtime is not possible.
Installanywhere will Rollback if any error occurs during runtime.

Thanks,
Gururaj
0 Kudos
Commander_Groo
Level 4

Is it possible to write a custom dialog that can be used in the Install phase that is displayed in a loop?

This part of my installer is executing database changes which can't be rolled back by not allowing the user to be able to retry the database script after perhaps correcting the issue the application will be in an inconsistent state.

It seems like a silly restriction to not allow flow control during the install phase.
0 Kudos
Commander_Groo
Level 4

I was able to get what I needed to work by displaying dialog box during my custom code step. The display of the box is in a loop, if the user click retry the custom code that I want to rerun is executed again. this loops until there are no errors or the user clicks Abort.
0 Kudos