cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
trtech
Level 3

Command line Build.sh fail on Linux.

I have the following scenario. I automated the creation of a windows executable on a windows platform. (maven plugin calls the build.exe that create my install.exe). Everything works fine on Windows.

I installed InstallAnywhere on our Linux deployment platform and try to run the same script and I have the following error:

No VM Pack files exist in this directory
Unable to invoke the method:

I copied over the windows pack SunJRE160_15Win32.vm from the windows platform to resource/installer_vms/ on the Linux platform but I still have the same error.

If anybody has a clue of what I might be missing please let me know.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
jerome_IA
Level 9

I think this message is always displayed 'No VM Pack files exist in this directory' probably it happens if your vm pack is not in same folder than your installer xml file (so it always display this).

Your problem might more be in the next message: "Unable to invoke the method:"
Do you have more traces after that one?

--Jerome
0 Kudos
trtech
Level 3

I have the following structure:
InstallAnywhere 2011 Enterprise>
|_build
|_resource
|_installer_vms
|_SUN_160_B23_LINUX_64Bit.vm
|_SunJRE160_15Win32.vm

|_JavaInstallerBuild.iap_xml

I am running the following command
./build JavaInstaller.iap_xml

and I have the following error:

Original project unchanged
No VM Pack files exist in this directory
Unable to invoke the method:
RelatedProjectSettings.setDefaultLocaleFromProject(String)
Some installer configuration information may be lost
java.lang.NoSuchMethodException
at ZeroGgn.a(DashoA10*..)
at ZeroGgn.a(DashoA10*..)

It looks to me that the VM has something to do with it, after that it's trying to invoke some GUI and fails since I don't have any xserver running.

Thanks
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

setDefaultLocaleFromProject remind me something I read from release notes of SP3 where now you can set a default locales.

Which version of IA 2011 are you building with? is it the same version your xml project was saved?

Try to define a default locale (it's in build configuration/locales) then try to build again your project.

--Jerome
0 Kudos
trtech
Level 3

I finally found the root cause. I first installed IA via command line no GUI. When I tried to run my build (./build JavaInstaller.iap_xml) it failed and tried to display the error message which cause the vm Pack error because the XSERVER is not running.
I had to install GNOME/XSERVER on my Linux box in order to run the IA client.
At this point, I try to open IA and it's complaining that IA is not the most recent version (need to upgrade SP3 which you can only do if you run the GUI!). Wish they would put the most current binary on the download site.

Hope this help.
0 Kudos
rajarajn
Level 5

If you would use the IA 2011 Build, you would automatically get the updated version of 2011 SP3 through updates.
0 Kudos