cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramgrith
Level 3

Changing the default selected option (use bundled JVM) in the Choosing JVM panel

Hi,

I am having a very strange behavioral change when switching from IA 2008 to IA 2009, in the installer panel that allows the end-user to choose either the bundled JVM or another one.

In IA 2008, the default selected option (i.e. the one selected when displaying the 'Choose Java Virtual Machine' panel) is the first one: installing the bundled JVM (i.e. 'Install a Java VM specifically for this application'). cf. attached screenshot from installer 'IA_2008.JPG'.

The corresponding data from the xxx.iap_xml configuration file is:

true

Choose Java Virtual Machine

Please choose the JDK that XXX will use (Choose JDK 5.0 or JDK 6.0)

false

false

true

false

In IA 2009, the default selected option is the second one: using an already installed JVM (i.e. 'Choose a Java VM already installed on this system'). cf. attached screenshot from installer 'IA_2009.JPG'.
The corresponding data from the xxx.iap_xml configuration file is:

true

Choose Java Virtual Machine

Please choose the JDK that XXX will use (Choose JDK 5.0 or JDK 6.0)

false

true

true

I failed to see any difference in the XML IA configuration file that would explain such a different behaviour...

Any idea how I could have the first option selected by default with IA 2009, just as I had previously with IA 2008?

Thanks for your help,
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
ivenkata
Level 6

Hi Ram,

This is a known issue with IA 2009. Will update you once the issue has been fixed.

Thanks,
Indraneel
0 Kudos
ramgrith
Level 3

Thanks for your answer!
0 Kudos