cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gorangio
Level 3

Cannot install InstallAnywhere 2008 for evaluation

I cannot install the IA 2008 package on my Windows XP SP2 machine because of a Java NullPointerException failure (see attached gifs). I then went to the link given with the evaluation key message for technical support during the evaluation period. That simply presents me with a form to enter the evaluation support number. Since I have already done that, the response simply states "Our records indicate that this eval number has already been registered for free technical support, and cannot be registered again."! There are no links on either page to reach tech support!
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(2) Replies
beanMaster
Level 2

Just installed IA2008 on my winXP SP2, i didn't encounter any problem. The installation was actually pretty smooth and fairy fast. Just did a quick build and the new build view is definitely a welcome plus.:) :):D
0 Kudos
gorangio
Level 3

OK, I attempted to use the IA2008 installer on my system again. This time it worked! same installer, same system, same everything?? different network connection (home versus work), that's all! I don't know... Hopefully someone knows what is happening.
0 Kudos