cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can't install Java 8u112 hotfix

I'm trying to install: InstallAnywhere HotFix for Windows Launchers using Java 8 Update 112

Recently, I successfully installed Public Hotfix A. splash screen says Build 5238 (Designer/Runtime: Public Hotfix A)

The files in resources/launchanywheres/windows are version 17.0.3.0, before running Hotfix A they were 17.0.2.0

The KB article for IOJ-1782054 says I should have 17.0.4.0

The installer doesn't find my installation - when I point it to the folder, it runs for a while and then reports that it's not a proper version or the hotfix is already installed. I can't find any logging to know more.

The only thing I can think to try in uninstall everything and then build it back up. Before I try that, I thought I'd ask if there was any easy fix, like tossing a file or manually copying the 17.0.4.0 files I'm looking for.

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(1) Reply
austin112
Level 2

It may help..
Delete the existing Java updates from the Patch Manager Console.
Expand Administration and Reporting > Software Publishing and select Sun Packages.
Select the Java Runtime Environment 8u112 package.
In the Actions pane, click Publish Packages.
In the Patch Manager Package Wizard, select the Java Runtime Environment package, and click Next.
Click OK in the Information dialog box.
In the Package Download Assistant window, click the link and navigate to the vendor website to accept the license agreement and download the package.
Complete the Patch Manager Package Wizard.
Deploy the package using Update Management on the targeted systems.
Open Task History and verify that the download and deployment were completed.
[SIZE=1]embarkdaily [/SIZE] [SIZE=1]embarup [/SIZE]
0 Kudos