cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peczes
Level 4

CDROM Directory Structure

I have a question about the directory structure that gets created.

I have an installer that will run on 3 platforms. The size is over the size of a CD, but our installer media is a DVD, so I updated my project to increase the size of the media to DVD size.

When I build, I get a single "disk" in that everything is under Disk1, however, I don't like that my DVD has to have the Disk1 directory on it for the installer to work.

With ISMP, all of the installers and the jar that contained the files could be at the top level of the media.

Is there a way to do this with InstallAnywhere? I've searched the forums, and I've seen others with this question, but I've never seen an answer.
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

AFAIK, there is nothing you can do about the CDROM structure. However, I never understood the use of CDROM build option, as all that it does, as you noticed, it gets the Disk1 with the Resource1.zip out of the installer... but that's all! All you get is a a little time as the installer doesn't have to extract the Resource1.zip... but you still have the uncompressing of Resource1.zip... so basically I find CDROM not useful at all... I would have liked to have all resources extracted like for other install making programs... so, what I do, is that I use the WEB build option which produces single .exe setups and which I can put on a CD / DVD as I like...
0 Kudos
peczes
Level 4

I looked into that, but then each installer has it's own copy of the resources archive, so it increases the amount of space needed for each installer.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

That depends. If, before you build, you activate the option "Optimize Installer Size by platform (Recommended for Final Shipping Installers)" then IA will bundle only the necessary resources for the respective platform (for instance if you install .dlls for Windows and .so for Unices based on platform checking conditions, then the Windows's Installer Resource1.zip will contain only .dlls while the Linux one will contain only .so files.
0 Kudos