cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

Bundling a non-silent installer into a silent installer setup.bin

Hi,

I have an installer setup.bin that I am running in silent mode on Red Hat Linux. I am invoking a non-silent installer from within the silent installer but it doesn't seem to be working

Is it possible that the installer will switch from silent --> nonsilent during the install process?

Thanks
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(3) Replies
james_decosta
Level 9

hi praveen,
well i used the installanywhere and built .bin installer for running on linux.
I ran it using the command apt -get install.bin
and it was extracted but even i failed to get the console asking for the user input in the terminal .
If you succeed just inform me.
If i succeed earlier than you i will inform you.
james.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

james decosta wrote:
hi praveen,
well i used the installanywhere and built .bin installer for running on linux.
I ran it using the command apt -get install.bin
and it was extracted but even i failed to get the console asking for the user input in the terminal .
If you succeed just inform me.
If i succeed earlier than you i will inform you.
james.

apt -get install.bin ?!? It looks like the apt get on Debian, but's not quite that... This should look more like something like this:

either ./installer.bin -i silent (which assumes that installer.bin is executable and there is a file called installer.properties located in the same folder as the installer.bin)

or sh installer.bin -f pathtosomefilename.properties (which indicates the specific .properties file to be used)

or a combination of both (like for instance sh installer.bin -i silent)
0 Kudos
Praveen_Durbha
Level 6

James,

I will need to do the install silently..so I have decided to change the script to work in silent mode.

Thanks
0 Kudos