cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
congpc
Level 3

Build Failure with customcode actions

Hi all,

The failure I met is : Designer.Builder.CustomActionBuilder.failureToLoadClassFileFromJar com.zerog.ia.customcode.actions.HostInfo

With that custom code I can build Project using plugin. However I dont know why it does not work with execute custom code action. :confused:

Has anyone got that problem like mine?

-= Cong =-
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(9) Replies
purcellk24
Level 7

Isn't the HostInfo class a plugin? Use install plugins option and not the execute custom code action.
Also, if you are using the custom code action, you need to make sure you have the correct jar file.

If I am not making any sense, post your, or a sample, project that replicates the problem.
0 Kudos
congpc
Level 3

Hi purcellk24, Thanks for answering

HostInfo is a plugin, however I want it to use that class in the execute custom action code instead. Cause I want the project is dynamic, the developer don't have to copy jar file to plugin folder to be able to build it.

The project I use for testing is very simple, it just has an Execute Custom Code Action in Pre-Install. Here is the snippet of code for that action:

true

false

Executing Custom Code...

com.zerog.ia.customcode.actions.HostInfo

$IA_HOME$\plugins\

HostInfo.jar

false

0 Kudos
congpc
Level 3

purcellk24, I could resolve that issue. Acctually, it is an bug of IA. It was resolved after I update the IA 😄

Tx anyway
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

congpc, what was your IA version and what was the update you applied? Thanks!
0 Kudos
congpc
Level 3

Hi, pv7721 the version I'm using is 9.0 build 3428.

The version which has error with custom code action is build number 3418.

I used the update function of IA. It places on the menu
Help > Check for Update ...

You should try this several times before it could be able to connect to sever 😞

Cong
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Ok, so this means that there are already updates for the 2008 version! It would be extremly useful if anyone from Macrovision would want to share with us what's this upgrade fixing.
0 Kudos
purcellk24
Level 7

Yes, It would be nice, but I guess they are expecting Check for Updates to be happening often.
I had run into the same bug with 3418 but I guess I didn't see it the same way. Sorry I couldn't help.
I have been running 3428 for a few weeks now.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Yeah, but you know, already upgrading to a newer version of IA might lead to surprises (regressions, new bugs etc.) (like any other software, by the way! 🙂 but if I had to rely daily on the Update button in order to be sure my production installation works... without knowing what exactly the update fixes, and maybe what other bugs / regression it introduces...
0 Kudos
Yves_Kreis
Level 7

The Q article is mentioned during the upgrade, but i don't remember it...

Best Regards,
Yves
0 Kudos