cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jerome_IA
Level 9

Browse for folder always starts from file system root

Hello,

I am using IA 2008 VP1, and during the installation, when you select the installation folder and click choose, it always pops up the "Browse For Folder" panel starting from file system root (check screen shot attached)

This is true for all "Choose Folder" panels as well.

I would like the folder chooser dialog to be synchronized with the entered path (default folder).

If I well remember, this was working in previous IA versions (I think it is not since IA 8.0, but I am not sure).
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(5) Replies
khayati
Level 5

Hi I am too facing the same problem
Actually I started facing this problem when I added a custom rule to start the installation from root.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hello,

I do not think your custom code has any effect as I created a new simple fake project with IA and the browse for folder action also starts from system root.

I will need to test old IA versions to check ......
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

I think it also might depend on the Windows version you're installing onto; also the window has a rather old look that makes me ask you: on what Windows version are you installing?
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

It does not change if on other windows ... attachment show browse for folder on vista ... I would like the browse for folder to be opened on proposed link (here "Program files")
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

You can now have this in InstallAnywhere 2009 SP1 (or newer) by setting variable $IA_BROWSE_FOLDERS$ to Swing (default value=Native).

Refer to documentation for more info.

It seems this was introduced in IA 2009 SP1.
http://www.flexerasoftware.com/webdocuments/PDF/IA_Tip_Using_IA_BROWSE_FOLDERS_Variable.pdf

--Jerome
0 Kudos