cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
munsingh
Level 6

Best Practice Guide for IA 2008

Is there a best practice guide for creating installers using IA 2008 available some place?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(4) Replies
pv7721
Level 20

Online, I don't think so (besides reading these forums and the old ones: http://community.zerog.com) There is also a book but it's a little obsoleted (I think it was based on the training material for version 6.1).
0 Kudos
Dynaworks
Level 2

Hello,
I'm looking for a tutorial / reference guide for InstallAnywhere too, and I've only found one eBook on www.ebooknetstore.com, called "Professional InstallAnywhere Tutorial and Reference Guide" written by Addison Wesley on Jul 2004. Is it this one that is obsolete ?
0 Kudos
MEinstaller
Level 7

I believe some of the information information in that book is still relevant but not all of it. I have the training manual which has some good information but not much in the way of best practices. I find that Acresso documentation at least for most of their products, is really lacking.
0 Kudos
pv7721
Level 20

Dynaworks wrote:
Hello,
I'm looking for a tutorial / reference guide for InstallAnywhere too, and I've only found one eBook on www.ebooknetstore.com, called "Professional InstallAnywhere Tutorial and Reference Guide" written by Addison Wesley on Jul 2004. Is it this one that is obsolete ?

Yeap, this was that was the one I was referring to. Back at that time, when I'd started using IA it helped me a lot. And like Meinstaller said, parts of it are still useful as interface hasn't dramatically changed since. But like I've said, if you've got an issue, search these forums AND the old forums too. Chances are that someone else has got your issue before AND someone figured out a workaround. Beware of the search in the old forums it's a little odd...
0 Kudos