cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dziants
Level 6

2nd line of text of "please wait panel" for "execute custom code"

The 2nd line of the standard text of "please wait panel" for "execute custom code" does not appear properly as the bottom part of the second line appears cropped.

How can I control this?
Can I put my own text there?
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
(14) Replies
dziants
Level 6

Need to add, that I have SP3 installed.

David
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

I add this too, but I did not had time to check how to fix it actually, so I rolled-back to SP2.

And so I'll be interested by the answer 😉

Sorry for not being helpful !

--Jerome
0 Kudos
peterman1002
Level 2

I have the same issue with 2011 SP3 so it is widespread after updating. Hopefully they resolve this with a SP4 soon.
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Thank you to the subscribers that replied to me on this issue of the "waiting.. " merssage on the panel. I also hope that a patch will be provided to solve this.

It would be great if also more flexibilty could be provided on controlling the message (text/fonts/size etc.) that appears on this permanent panel as well as providing the possibility that the popup messsage is not dependent on this.

Regards,
David
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

It's possible to edit the IA_HOME\resource\i18nresources\custom_en (or whichever language you need). I just changed the GenericInstallPanel.message property to, "Please wait..." and it looks fine.

-Jeff
dziants
Level 6

Jeff Morse wrote:
It's possible to edit the IA_HOME\resource\i18nresources\custom_en (or whichever language you need). I just changed the GenericInstallPanel.message property to, "Please wait..." and it looks fine.

-Jeff

Thank you, Jeff, for your reply and it looks like that this is the direction I need to go.

Is it possible to make a copy of custom_en file in IA and do the change in a version of the file under the application?

I tried doing this, copying the file and references the file in the resource path field of Project - Locales panel in advanced builder of IA. Does it nmatter how I call the name of the bundle?

When doing a build, it ignores my copy of custom_en and creates another directory composed of the project name and with the version in IA.
Many thanks,
David
0 Kudos
Jeff_Morse
Level 6

I don't know the answer to that. I suggest you contact support with your question.

-Jeff
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Jeff Morse wrote:
I don't know the answer to that. I suggest you contact support with your question.

-Jeff

Thanks Jeff. Maybe someone else on this forum has an answer?

I attach my locales definition as a gif screen snapshot.

David
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Hi,

You cannot (AFAIK) change the 'system' prompts using an external resource bundle.
External resource bundle is only used for your custom localized prompts and to use it, you need to replace prompts in the InstallAnywhere UI using $L{...} format, then you edit your "custom_.properties" for translated text.

But changing InstallAnywhere prompts should be done like previously said in IA_HOME\resource\i18nresources\custom_en (e.g. Previous & Next buttons)

--Jerome
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

Thank you, Jerome, for your reply
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

dziants wrote:
Thank you, Jerome, for your reply

I thank people for their replies to my query.

Am adopting the approach of changing the custom_en file directly and am now breaking my head how to incorporate it into our configuration control as IA installation is completely separate from the our application.

Please note that it really makes no difference if the "waiting..." message is 2 lines or 1 line, the bottom line will become half cropped. Thus one would have to right fill the text with enough blanks so the message uses another line. Thus, I could also still use the IA standard message and as I do not want it to become cropped, I could add my own blanks to the end to turn it into a three line message where the third line if of course empty.

David
0 Kudos
dziants
Level 6

dziants wrote:

I thank people for their replies to my query.

Am adopting the approach of changing the custom_en file directly and am now breaking my head how to incorporate it into our configuration control as IA installation is completely separate from the our application.

Please note that it really makes no difference if the "waiting..." message is 2 lines or 1 line, the bottom line will become half cropped. Thus one would have to right fill the text with enough blanks so the message uses another line. Thus, I could also still use the IA standard message and as I do not want it to become cropped, I could add my own blanks to the end to turn it into a three line message where the third line if of course empty.

David

One should also set "Preserve layout of the locale files" in Projects/Locale of advanced designer, as the other option (according to the documentation) will strip the "extraneous" blanks.
0 Kudos
TomCarey
Level 4

If anyone from InstallAnywhere monitors this forum can you please let us know when this will be fixed? We will be shipping within the next month and I need to know whether I need to change all my resource files or if IA has a patch available.
0 Kudos
jerome_IA
Level 9

Finally I had to upgrade to SP3 and found an easy way solving this issue without modifying prompt.

Simply add a "\n" at the end of the line. This will avoid the cut.

so for english (custom_en):
# ........................ =Please wait, $PRODUCT_NAME$ is being configured for your system. This may take a moment...
GenericInstallPanel.message=Please wait, $PRODUCT_NAME$ is being configured for your system. This may take a moment...\n

You can do the same for all your locales.

--Jerome
0 Kudos