cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reporting: Detailed Application Dependency Data anomaly (srcproc = Source Process)

In Cloudscape Detailed Report (Add Intelligence -> Available Reports -> Detailed Application Dependency Data), the "srcproc" column (column AC in attached excel sheet) sometimes contains names of 2 processes separated by : (colon) instead of name of single process which is generally the case. How should we interpret such scenarios – examples of which are shown in the table below.   Are the processes listed running in sequence or does one spawn the other?

srcproc

System:splunkd.exe

bpcd.exe:vnetd.exe

VGAuthService.exe:vnetd.exe

NServiceBus.Host.exe:System

System:NServiceBus.Host.exe

NServiceBus.Host.exe:System

System:NServiceBus.Host.exe

mqsvc.exe:w3wp.exe

TaniumClient.exe:vnetd.exe

Lnlcomsrvr.exe:TaniumClient.exe

TaniumClient.exe:memcached.exe

TaniumClient.exe:moxi.exe

TaniumClient.exe:java.exe

TaniumClient.exe:winlogbeat.exe

System:w3wp.exe

splunkd.exe:w3wp.exe

System:w3wp.exe

splunkd.exe:w3wp.exe

(1) Solution

Hi,

Regarding the 2 processes separated by : (colon) in the Detailed Application Dependency Data report. This is normal behavior and is expected when we observe multiple processes using the same source/destination IP address/port combinations; we list everything we saw on the same line, separated by colons."

Please let me know if there are questions.

Thank you,

Mark Jamison
Flexera Support Team

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

Hi,

Regarding the 2 processes separated by : (colon) in the Detailed Application Dependency Data report. This is normal behavior and is expected when we observe multiple processes using the same source/destination IP address/port combinations; we list everything we saw on the same line, separated by colons."

Thank you,

Mark Jamison
Flexera Support Team

Mark,

My only suggestion about listing the processes in this "serial" fashion is whether or not you can detect which might be the "parent" process and whether or not the others listed are spawned as "child" processes?

Please advise,

-MO

Hi Mo,

Apologies for the delay in my response.

I can submit your follow up to the Product Development Team as a Feature Request. I cannot offer a guarantee the feature will be implemented into the Platform, however, the Team will review all requests.

Thank you,

Mark Jamison

Flexera Support Team