cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RN150 Not authorized; appliance permissions required

I'm attempting to restart a new scan on a network where I previously deployed an RN150 appliance....but I'm receiving the error on the web interface when I attempt to log into it using my RISC credentials (the same ones that work with "ttps://portal.riscnetworks.com/":

"Not authorized; appliance permissions required"

I don't have console access at this time... do I need to do something on the console of the VM to get it to let me log in properly?

(1) Solution

I ended up deploying a new RN150 by downloading the OVA from the portal. I think maybe the issue could have been that I was using an appliance from over 6 months ago. The older appliance was being used for an initial scan, and I was going in to perform a second scan after the customer had performed some network configuration changes.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@cv2020 

I can see that you got your issue resolved through the auto-generated support case from this thread being escalated.

If you think others could benefit from knowing how you got it resolved then please provide this feedback here.

Thanks,

I ended up deploying a new RN150 by downloading the OVA from the portal. I think maybe the issue could have been that I was using an appliance from over 6 months ago. The older appliance was being used for an initial scan, and I was going in to perform a second scan after the customer had performed some network configuration changes.