cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max number of devices RN150 can handles

May I know how many devices can RN150 handles? Any document or recommendation for this?

Does RN150 have a function for import devices inventory from spreadsheets in case we have many isolated networks?

Can I modify or do the mapping application process manually?

Thank you.

(1) Solution

Good morning, 

May I know how many devices can RN150 handles? Any document or recommendation for this?

There is no hard limit for a single assessment as this depends on network performance, number of discovered assets, number of licensed assets, etc. In my experience, 6,000 licensed assets is the number where the performance of the assessment starts to deteriorate.

Does RN150 have a function for import devices inventory from spreadsheets in case we have many isolated networks?

There is no capability to import a device inventory from a spreadsheet. Any in-scope assets will need to be discovered from the RN150, which is the process that builds the Asset Database and ensures those assets can be successfully monitored when licensed. Network and OS firewalls will need to be configured to allow the necessary ports from the RN150 to reach any in-scope assets. Please see our online documentation for pre- requisites:  https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/RCDeployReq.htm 

Yes, there is an import capability to programmatically create and modify the membership of application stacks, under Add Intelligence >> Stack Membership. On this screen, there is a help (?) button at the top right of the screen which details how the .csv import file should be formatted.

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

Good morning, 

There is no hard limit for a single assessment as this depends on network performance, number of discovered assets, number of licensed assets, etc. In my experience, 6,000 licensed assets is the number where the performance of the assessment starts to deteriorate.

There is no capability to import a device inventory from a spreadsheet. Any in-scope assets will need to be discovered from the RN150, which is the process that builds the Asset Database and ensures those assets can be successfully monitored when licensed. Network and OS firewalls will need to be configured to allow the necessary ports from the RN150 to reach any in-scope assets. Please see our online documentation for pre- requisites:  https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/RCDeployReq.htm 

Yes, there is an import capability to programmatically create and modify the membership of application stacks, under Add Intelligence >> Stack Membership. On this screen, there is a help (?) button at the top right of the screen which details how the .csv import file should be formatted.