cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting errors in performance collection details - not able to collect the netstat data

Getting errors in performance collection details - not able to collect the netstat data. After applying the licences to the servers, we are not able to get the netstat errors. Need to confirm what could be the possible reason also is the netstat data is important for the dependency and in app stack build.

(6) Replies

Hi,

To determine the reason for the netstat collection failure, you may use the Validate Collection feature found in the RN150 virtual appliance. The Validate Collection feature is found in the Windows and SSH sections of the RN150. The feature will use the provided credential and attempt to access a device. If successful, next all of the commands used for inventory and performance collection will be ran against the device. If an error is received, the feature will provide it.

For additional information regarding remote command collection, please see the documentation linked below. 

https://docs.flexera.com/foundationcloudscape/help/FCRemoteCommands.htm

Please let me know if you have questions.

Thank you,

Mark Jamison

Flexera Support Team

Hello @mjamison,

Thank you for the response.

Does Validate Collection feature require the rescanning of the Subnets? We have already started the scanning(Burst license for 30 days). So is it possible to mitigate these errors without the need to restart the rescanning in the appliance?
Thank you in advance.

Prabhat Thakur

Hi Prabhat,

Using the validate collection feature does not require re-scanning. Re-scanning is used when you want to discover new devices.

To use the feature, you will select the appropriate credential used to access the device, click edit, click validate collection, and enter an IP address. The feature will then provide the error that is causing the netstat failure. If further investigation into the netstat error is needed, please open a Foundation/CloudScape support case.

Please let me know if you have additional questions.

Thank you,

Mark Jamison

Flexera Support Team

Hello @mjamison ,

Thank you for the response.

I did try the validation option for the servers we are getting errors, Validation collection is being successful for that server. However we are still getting errors for that servers in summary list.

Can you please provide the steps to open the Foundation/CloudScape support case.

Thanks

Prabhat Thakur

Please see the following page for information about how to contact Flexera Support: Contact Flexera support.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Thank you @ChrisG

I have one question.

I did try the validation option for the servers we are getting errors, Validation collection is successful for that server. However, this server is still listed in the summary of collection errors.