cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudscape assessment - Do I need burst license

Hi,

We have purchased 20 subscription licensing (product code: FlexOne-CMM-CS) for one of the assessment. We have applied the licenses on 8th Aug 2022 and since then we have started to see assets metrics under the portal. The appliance is running since 02 Aug 2022 and the assessment status bar is under performance (screenshot attached).

I am not sure if we will need a burst license as well for this to start 30 days burst in order to gather the necessary data to complete the assessment or the subscription licenses are enough to gather the necessary data?

Secondly, do I need to end the assessment manually on the appliance or will it stop automatically? 

(1) Solution

@techfrenzy 

I ca see that you got this resolved through Flexera Support, so just for the benefits of other forum members repeating the response provided:

It depends on how many devices you would like to collect data on, and how long you would like to collect the data per device. The 20 subscription licenses will allow you to collect data on 20 devices for the duration of the assessment. If you had any more devices that you were required to collect data on, you could use burst licenses to collect data on those devices for 30 days.
As for your second question, when the End Assessment feature is utilized, it will "wrap up" the assessment and set it to a Completed state. When this happens, you will not be allowed to request a rescan. The End Assessment feature should only be used when the assessment has been completed, data collection is no longer required, and/or the RN150 appliance is ready to be decommissioned.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(1) Reply

@techfrenzy 

I ca see that you got this resolved through Flexera Support, so just for the benefits of other forum members repeating the response provided:

It depends on how many devices you would like to collect data on, and how long you would like to collect the data per device. The 20 subscription licenses will allow you to collect data on 20 devices for the duration of the assessment. If you had any more devices that you were required to collect data on, you could use burst licenses to collect data on those devices for 30 days.
As for your second question, when the End Assessment feature is utilized, it will "wrap up" the assessment and set it to a Completed state. When this happens, you will not be allowed to request a rescan. The End Assessment feature should only be used when the assessment has been completed, data collection is no longer required, and/or the RN150 appliance is ready to be decommissioned.

Thanks,