cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cloudscape RN150-Windows Validation cmd.exe failure

Hi all,

I am currently deploying and RN15/FlexDeply locally at a client site.

I have configured Windows credentials and performed validations against several Windows servers with different AD credentials and get the same failures each time.

I am getting failures when the RN150 is trying to perform  cmd.exe commands on the Windows servers.

When I RDP to the remote server and run cmd.exe locally it works fine and I can perform the required 'netstat -anop TCP' and 'ipconfig /displaydns' commands.

Using 'AD Account 1' - RN150 failures seen as in the attached txt file. If I RDP to the server and login with this AD account locally on the remote server, I 'cannot' run cmd.exe. I get a message saying 'cmd.exe is disabled by administrator. I suspect this is the cause of the RN150 failures.

So, I tried another AD account with higher privileges and a member of 'Domain Admins'. The RN150 still gives me the same failures! Yet when I RDP to the remote windows server this account can run cmd.exe locally and I can run the netstat and ipconfig commands successfully.

Question: Has anyone come across this issue where it seems that the RN150 is being refused to run cmd.exe on the Windows servers and if so, what was done to resolve it?

See attached files.

Cheers, 

Darren

(1) Solution
It appears after adding my AD account to additional AD Groups and using the Domain=xxx, Username=yyyy, Password=zzzz format, I now have total SUCCESS in my validations!
I suspect using the USername=doman\ad_account format causes issues because when I try this now, I get the failures I mentioned.
So at least I can now continue with the project now that my AD credentials are working fine in the RN150 😄

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
It appears after adding my AD account to additional AD Groups and using the Domain=xxx, Username=yyyy, Password=zzzz format, I now have total SUCCESS in my validations!
I suspect using the USername=doman\ad_account format causes issues because when I try this now, I get the failures I mentioned.
So at least I can now continue with the project now that my AD credentials are working fine in the RN150 😄

Another item that can cause this issue is where one NIC on a server will permit remote commands, but when testing the credential to another NIC, the remote commands will fail. We recommend testing to each interface on the server to also verify.