Import Printers and Network Devices from BMC Discovery into Flexera One IT Visibility
Flexera One ITAM BMC Discovery adapter extended to import Printers and Network Devices into Flexera One IT Visibility. Extended Flexera BMC Discovery adapter will provide more visibility into your organization's IT Assets by importing Printer and Network devices data into Flexera One IT Visibility.
What do I need to do?
This extended Flexera BMC Discovery adapter functionality to import Printers and Network devices only apply to Flexera One IT Visibility customers. If you have subscribed to Flexera One ITAM, IT-Visibility and already importing inventory date from BMC Discovery, you just need to download the attached BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools.zip and upgrade your existing Flexera BMC Discovery adapter.
If you are enabling BMC Discovery integration first time (Fresh installation), in this case, you need to follow Flexera BMC Discovery adapter installation and configuration instructions in the online adapter documentation
Upgrade existing Flexera BMC Discovery adapter (Applies to Flexera One ITAM/IT Visibility)
To upgrade your existing Flexera BMC Discovery adapter integration, you need to update the Flexera BMC Discovery staging database and adapter (FnmpADDMStage.exe & FnmpADDMSettings.xml) used to import data from BMC Discovery by integrating with BMC Discovery API.
How to upgrade
- Download the attached extended Flexera BMC Discovery adapter BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools.zip on the server used for Flexera BMC Discovery integration to import inventory data into Flexera One ITAM & IT Visibility.
- Extract the BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools.zip to BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools
- From the extracted BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools\SQL folder open ADDM_staging.sql in the Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio and SELECT ADDM_Staging database and execute the ADDM_staging.sql to update the Flexera BMC Discovery staging database.
- After successful execution, you should see the following two tables
- ADDMNetworkDevices_ci (To store Network devices)
- ADDMPrinters_ci (To store Printers)
Note: Above two tables must exist for successful Flexera BMC Discovery adapter deployment.
- Open the folder where the Flexera FNMPADDMStage.exe tool is deployed.
- Create a backup copy of both files used by a configured existing adapter.
- Open the FnmpADDMSettings.xml from the extract the folder BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools\FnmpADDMStage
- Update the connection strings for both BMC Discovery API integration and ADDM_Staging database connection. (you can update these connection strings by copying these connection string from existing FnmpADDMSettings.xml used by existing deployment)
Note: This only applies to customers subscribed to Flexera One ITAM & IT Visibility.
Fresh installation of Flexera BMC Discovery
If you are enabling BMC Discovery integration the first time (fresh installation) to import inventory, Network devices, and Printers discovery data into Flexera One ITAM & IT Visibility. Please download the attached Flexera adapter BMC Atrium Discovery and Dependency Mapping Tools.zip and follow the installation and configuration instructions in the online Flexera BMC Discovery adapter documentatio....
Applies to: Flexera One ITAM / IT Visibility