cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"All license entitlements must be covered by current maintenance."

In the event where we have a perpetual license with expired maintenance, and see this warning:

"All license entitlements must be covered by current maintenance."

Does this happen in all instances, or TRULY in instances where license entitlements require current maintenance?

Is best practice in these license instances to disable entitlements for these purchases that no longer have active maintenance, or should they be set to something other than perpetual, for instances that require maintenance?

Thanks for your help!!!!

(1) Solution

@ttaccini - You will see this warning for any license where the count of "active" maintenance is less than the number of purchased licenses.

If you do not plan on renewing maintenance, then you can disable the warning by opening the license, going to the Compliance tab, and the in the lower left click on the "Planned non-renewal" check box and then save the license.  With this option you are confirming that you do not plan on renewing maintenance, and therefore the warning message will go away, but I think you need to wait until the next license reconciliation for the warning to go away.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@ttaccini - You will see this warning for any license where the count of "active" maintenance is less than the number of purchased licenses.

If you do not plan on renewing maintenance, then you can disable the warning by opening the license, going to the Compliance tab, and the in the lower left click on the "Planned non-renewal" check box and then save the license.  With this option you are confirming that you do not plan on renewing maintenance, and therefore the warning message will go away, but I think you need to wait until the next license reconciliation for the warning to go away.

Thank kclausen for the quick reply.

That information is very helpful.  Thank you.

We have instances where we didn't renew maintenance, by choice, and the perpetual license is listed, but our license agreement with this vendor requires us to have current maintenance to use the software. So the purchase is no longer a  valid entitlement because we don't have maintenance for it.

Sounding subscription like, I know, but the initial purchase wasn't for a "time period", so it was brought into the system as a perpetual. And the maintenance was a separate item in the POs.

So, contemplating disabling the entitlement for the purchases that do no longer have a current maintenance agreement.  So they will not appear as an a valid entitlement that just doesn't have maintenance.

I'm not trying to get rid of the error message, I like that that's there. I was just wanted to understand in what instances it showed up.

And wanted to see if disabling the entitlements for the purchases was the best way to handle those purchases without a current maintenance agreement that require one.