cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Users are not getting removed which got synced by mistake from AD

Hi Forum,

we have an instance where we are not supposed to sync with AD and by mistake AD sync is initiated as soon as Beacon is deployed and configured and data is uploaded to Cloud. Later the AD sync is disabled in the Beacon UI and the schedule as well. Now we are trying to remove the users data we see in All IT Asset Users and for the next reconciliation the users are repopulating which shouldn't.

Please suggest if i'm missing something here while removing the users and i hope this doesn't require intervention from Flexera team.

Regards,

(1) Solution

The only reason is that there is no exposed interface (that I can think of) that allows you to delete the underlying raw data that has been imported from an Active Directory domain. Deleting this data needs to be done as a "back end" operation in the Flexera One environment.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

You will need to arrange for the data that was unintentionally imported from the Active Directory domain to be deleted so that it does not keep on reappearing in the UI each time the reconciliation runs.

If you are using Flexera One ITAM then I don't know of any way that you can delete this data yourself - I expect you will need to contact Flexera and have them arrange for the deletion to occur.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi chris, Yes we are using Flexera one ITAM and is there any specific reason why we cannot delete the users? and only Flexera support will be able to achieve that.

I'll Raise a case with support in parallel, thanks for the suggestion.

Regards, 

The only reason is that there is no exposed interface (that I can think of) that allows you to delete the underlying raw data that has been imported from an Active Directory domain. Deleting this data needs to be done as a "back end" operation in the Flexera One environment.

Hi @ChrisG ,

thanks for clarifying the query. Raised a case with support and working with them

Regards,