cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upload Flexera logs and inventories task stops without uploading inventory files.

Hello Team,

I am facing an issue with inventory upload via the Upload Flexera logs and inventories task.

The task is getting completed without finishing the inventory file upload due to this we have a lot of files pending for upload in beacon.

I can see below return code in the task details. 

Task Scheduler successfully completed task "\Flexera Inventory Beacon\Upload Flexera logs and inventories" , instance "{03e011f4-e25d-4d41-9a36-a3bd039154d8}" , action "E:\Program Files (x86)\Flexera Software\Inventory Beacon\Uploader\ndupload.exe" with return code 2147942401.

(7) Replies

@AjaykumarPatil 
Doing a Google Search, the likely issue is that the Service Account you are using to run the Scheduled Tasks is missing some elevated security credentials.

To run the scheduled tasks when the service account is not actually logged into the computer, you need to apply the Log on as a batch job Local Security Policy.

See the attached screen shot for instructions.

Hi, @kclausen 

Our service account already has Log on as a batch job Local Security Policy applied.

And policy "Network access:  Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication" is already disabled.

OK, a couple other things to check:

1 - The Service Account must be assigned to the Log on as a Service security policy

2 - Under Local Policies > Security Options, locate the security policy named “Network access:  Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication”.  This must be Disabled.

Policy "Network access:  Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication" is already disabled.

@AjaykumarPatil - You may need to dig deeper to look at this server within the Windows Event Logs to see if additional information can be found, as this does appear to be some type of a security/credentials issue.  The things that I am aware of to verify you have mostly already confirmed:

1) Service Account must be in the Administrators security group and be a Local Admin
2) Service Account must be in the Log on as a service security policy
3) Service Account must be in the Log on as a batch job security policy
4) Network access:  Do not allow storage of passwords and credentials for network authentication must be disabled.

Hi Team, we are also facing same issue in the Flexera one setup. All the pre-requisites to log on as a service and a batch are enabled for the service account. We don't have local admin rights for the service account and yet to be provided with admin rights.

Regards,

Please check in uploader logs. you will get "Error 0xE05001F7: 503 Service Unavailable" while uploading files. 

I already had logged a case for this and this is a known bug.