Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saas Manager - M365 Last Activity Date clarification

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello Saas Manager experts

May I please confirm the "Last Activity Date" whether it is only returned if the user has any login activity to the specific applications (Dynamic365/Email/Teams/OneDrive..../Yammer) ?  In other words, if the user just login  the O365 admin portal to do something say eg: managing Visual Studio license/admin UI checking etc, but not using this account for accessing any list application... 

In this case will the user's login Azure portal 'Date' be captured as 'Last Activity Date' ?  what we see is Saas Manager M365 is showing such account 'Never' under Last Activity Date.... please confirm whether it's expected or not 

If the answer is 'yes', then is this Saas Manager tool has the capability to report the customer's last activity date for logging O365 portal (only without accessing any application)? 

Thanks if you could share some insights 

Cheers

Kevin

(1) Solution

@Big_Kev 

Confirmed, the standard M365 integration will not monitor any admin login activity in the Microsoft portal. This is by design as activities are meant to indicate whether some of the licensed online applications are being utilized by the assigned users or not.

If the Microsoft APIs reveals Microsoft portal admin login activities you could use the SaaS mgt.'s Import Jobs API to import this data, although I'm not sure why you would want this data in SaaS mgt. without knowing more about the use case(s) /  business needs...

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

@Big_Kev 

Confirmed, the standard M365 integration will not monitor any admin login activity in the Microsoft portal. This is by design as activities are meant to indicate whether some of the licensed online applications are being utilized by the assigned users or not.

If the Microsoft APIs reveals Microsoft portal admin login activities you could use the SaaS mgt.'s Import Jobs API to import this data, although I'm not sure why you would want this data in SaaS mgt. without knowing more about the use case(s) /  business needs...

Thanks,

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Thank you @JohnSorensenDK  for the confirmation. This is What I am looking for at this stage. Appreciated

Kev