Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saas Manager - Azure HR Roster User list clarifications

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hello Saas Manager Experts

I am currently helping my client using Azure as their HR roster in Saas Manager.  The number of created 'all Saas Users' is shorter a certain portion of users from Azure administrator's point of view.

Further narrowing down by comparing the Azure user lists.... it seems two columns value are used 'IsLicensed' & 'IsGuestUser' may impact the number gap

May I please confirm whether HR roster Azure only imports if user IsLicensed = ‘Yes’ ?  if this field/logic doesn't sound right, then what else factor could cause certain users are not created in HR Roster all saas users list ?

Any suggestions will be much appreciated.

Best Regards

Kevin

(1) Solution

Thanks @JohnSorensenDK 

To complete this picture if any other users has similar questions, with the support help we have identified the previous Azure HR roster connection doesn't import as long as users doesn't have email value. There is an improvement change since that now the adapter can import Saas Users as long as they exist in the Azure users, use (UPN as email if email is blank.  That's a great improvement as previous behavior will make those users who doesn't have email but assigned with M365 as suspicious activites. And also explained why there are a number of users gap between Azure user list and our 'Saas Users' list. Kudos to support and product team. 

View solution in original post

(4) Replies

Hi @Big_Kev,

I'm not 100% certain but what you are describing seems to be covered in the blog post here which, in turn, points to here.

Hopefully this helps?

Big_Kev
By Level 7 Champion
Level 7 Champion

Hi @Vmintzikos 

Thanks for finding the ink, that cover the 'isGuestUser' part, appreciated. I am more interested to know about whether the Saas Manager pulls users if only licensed or not as what we seeing is if Azure user is not licensed ( regardless is guest or not), they won't be imported into Saas Manager.  I need a concrete confirm if anyone from Flexera can suggest ?

Cheers

Kevin

@Big_Kev 

The standard Azure AD integration for HR roster should import all users irrespective of whether they're licensed or not. You may want to create a case with Flexera Support to get assistance in troubleshooting your findings if you haven't done this already...

Please inform the community of its resolution if you think other forum members would benefit from it.

Thanks,

Thanks @JohnSorensenDK 

To complete this picture if any other users has similar questions, with the support help we have identified the previous Azure HR roster connection doesn't import as long as users doesn't have email value. There is an improvement change since that now the adapter can import Saas Users as long as they exist in the Azure users, use (UPN as email if email is blank.  That's a great improvement as previous behavior will make those users who doesn't have email but assigned with M365 as suspicious activites. And also explained why there are a number of users gap between Azure user list and our 'Saas Users' list. Kudos to support and product team.