cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SaaS Management - Unable to add users post Okta Integration

Hi All,

Wondering if anyone can help. I am unable to add admin users to Flexera SaaS management platform after having integrated Okta SSO application. When i try to add a new user to SaaS management, i get an error message stating that users cannot be added as Okta SSO is already integrated and user access is managed by the organization's Okta SSO platform.

Best Regards,

Anand  

(1) Solution

@roy86anand 

Right, if you have decided to enable enforcement of SSO then users will have to be added to the identity provider and then login to Flexera One through Okta as outlined in the documentation linked above.

For access management please refer to Access Management and its subsections. You can control access from within Flexera One as soon as the user has logged in, and you can create groups of users and as such manage by roles, etc.

Thanks,

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@roy86anand 

I'm not sure I completely understand your scenario, so please excuse me I'm going down the wrong path in my response.

If you have configured your Flexera One access to be integrated with your identity provider and is enforcing SSO (through Okta) as described in Enforcing Single Sign-On in Your Organization then you wouldn't be able to add/invite new users directly from within Flexera One Administration.

If your use case is completely different, e.g. related to seeing the data from Okta in Flexera SaaS mgt. then please elaborate a bit further.

Thanks,

Thank you for the response. As you correctly pointed out, we are unable to give users access to Flexera SaaS Management as its enforcing access management through SSO (Okta). So do we have to add users to Okta first and then manage the access to Flexera SaaS Management within Okta?

@roy86anand 

Right, if you have decided to enable enforcement of SSO then users will have to be added to the identity provider and then login to Flexera One through Okta as outlined in the documentation linked above.

For access management please refer to Access Management and its subsections. You can control access from within Flexera One as soon as the user has logged in, and you can create groups of users and as such manage by roles, etc.

Thanks,