cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2019 Compatability

Hi - 

Were still on FNMS but we are upgrading to Sql Server 2019.  I looked in the doc and I only saw Sql 10 mentioned (2008).

Can anyone point me to the docs for SQL Compatibility?

Thanks

Spencer

(4) Replies

The compatibility levels needed for SQL Server are mentioned in the installing Flexnet manager suite guide in the section on creating the databases. 
In the 2020 R2 guide (latest version), this information is on page 31.

Installing Flexnet manager suite guide, page 31
https://docs.flexera.com/FlexNetManagerSuite2020R2/EN/WebHelp/PDF%20Documents/On-Prem/Installing%20FNMS%202020%20R2%20on%20Premises.pdf#page=31

As a note, when using SQL server 2019, FNMS does require at least cumulative update 5 to be installed. 

I am only human; anything said is my view or from my own experience and not necessarily that of Flexera.
If my reply answers a question you have raised, please click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION".

Ok - this doc is for On premises which is why I didn't look there.  We're using cloud.

But thanks for the answer.

Spencer

Hi, @Flex-Jeremy SQL Server 2019 is not listed as supported in FNMS 2019 R2 on-premises documentation.

Anythink to take note of, assuming Cumulative Update 5 is applied and SQL DB compatibility levels are as with later FNMS versions?

BR, Antti

@anttimustonen - if your query is about FlexNet Manager Suite On-premises, you may wish to try posting in the FlexNet Manager forum. That will connect you with people working with that product. This forum and discussion thread is related to Flexera One, a different solution set from Flexera.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)