cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Report Builder - License Consumptions (Unallocated)

When creating a report off the Licenses table, it seems like I can only grab the 'allocations' from the license.

For a regular user license, where we aren't directly allocating, (or device for that matter) how do I add the "Consumption" list?

Is there a field to link the consumption data?

For example, the "User License Details" canned report is a great start, but I can only report on one license at a time, and cannot add more database fields to it.

(2) Solutions

@johnksilverwood - Try building a new report in a different sequence.

Start with the Installations object that will build out installs of software applications and the inventory devices they are installed on, and you can then filter this by Publisher/Product. You can then add the Licenses object to your report which will show which software license this installation of software is installed on.

View solution in original post

Also - I just realized this pre-built report is an easy way to build this:

Apply Allocations and Exemptions report

First column of the report will have a field called "installed/allocated' and you can then select items that are installed, and filter by the license you want the details on.

This way you can aggregate several licenses consumption and more details in one report.

View solution in original post

(3) Replies

@johnksilverwood - Try building a new report in a different sequence.

Start with the Installations object that will build out installs of software applications and the inventory devices they are installed on, and you can then filter this by Publisher/Product. You can then add the Licenses object to your report which will show which software license this installation of software is installed on.

Thanks @kclausen ! Makes sense.

For reference, I built the report as follows:

1. Installations
    1. Inventory device links
    2. Link Assigned users, Calculated users (to get your user details)
  2. Link Product
  3. Link Assigned License

Then that gives you your consumption details of the total users (can do distinct count of users) that show up in that table.

Also - I just realized this pre-built report is an easy way to build this:

Apply Allocations and Exemptions report

First column of the report will have a field called "installed/allocated' and you can then select items that are installed, and filter by the license you want the details on.

This way you can aggregate several licenses consumption and more details in one report.