cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove batch Doman via Adapter

Good Morning,

We are an FNMS cloud-based customer -

I am not sure how to ask this question, and I need help figuring out how to perform this task.
I want to remove a domain from my active directory data without changing how the AD adapter is configured today.

I want the system to continue to pick up our current domain.
I wanted to create an adapter that would run after the Active Directory upload each day to remove that domain data. I am looking a the Business adapter practice guide and am having a hard time seeing how to perform this task.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get this done?

(4) Replies

@shill2 

I'm not sure I fully understand what you're trying to accomplish, but there are other community threads on similar topics that you may want to search for and consult, e.g. FNMS Cloud integration with Active Directory | Business Adapter 

Please feel free to elaborate further on your exact use case if you need further guidance from the forum members.

Thanks,

Hello @JohnSorensenDK, thanks for the response.  It is hard to explain but I am trying only to remove one domain from Enterprise->All Users.  I am having a hard time finding that information.   Thanks for the link and I will continue to research.  

Business Adapters can only be used to Create or Modify business data.  They have no capability to delete data.  If you want to clean up your list of Users (Organization>All IT Asset Users), then you can use a Business Adapter to change the status of Users in that domain to a status of "Inactive", and then add a filter to your All Users view to only show users where the status is "Active".

Thank @kclausen. I ended up going a different route for the response, but I will keep this for future reference.