cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question on Beacon connectivity to FlexeraOne

Hi All,

Have 1 basic question. Once we install the beacon, by default IIS will be on port 80. If we want to convert to 443 and also if certificate has to be used then can i know the process of it? if it the TLS config or something else.

(1) Solution

The connection from the Beacon to Flexera One is ALWAYS using HTTPS:443 and TLS 1.2

IIS is used on the beacon for the internal connection in your environment between the Flexera Agent and the Beacon.  By default this is Port 80.  If you want the traffic between the Flexera Agent and a Beacon to be HTTPS, then you will need to support a commercial certificate, register that with IIS and then use that certificate for agent communication.

View solution in original post

(2) Replies

The connection from the Beacon to Flexera One is ALWAYS using HTTPS:443 and TLS 1.2

IIS is used on the beacon for the internal connection in your environment between the Flexera Agent and the Beacon.  By default this is Port 80.  If you want the traffic between the Flexera Agent and a Beacon to be HTTPS, then you will need to support a commercial certificate, register that with IIS and then use that certificate for agent communication.

ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

Here is a page that discusses how to configure SSL on IIS: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/manage/configuring-security/how-to-set-up-ssl-on-iis

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)