cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please suggest how to handle appliances in IT Asset Management

We do have number of Appliances but we are not sure how to manage them, for example; VMware HCI, VMware AVI, and Iguazio appliances for data hubs.

Please suggest how to manage them in our environment

(3) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

To help guide responses, could you elaborate a little on what you are hoping to use Flexera One ITAM functionality to help with in relation to these appliances?

For example - what kinds of questions or processes related to these appliances are you wanting to use Flexera One ITAM for?

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Hi @ChrisG 

We are trying to scan the inventory or software licensing from vmware HCI, just like we are doing for Vmware vcenters 

I'm not familiar at all with VMware HCI, so am making a few assumptions.

In particular, I'm assuming that you're working with an appliance that doesn't run an operating system supported by the FlexNet inventory agent (or even less like, provides an API that is the same as VCenter). In that case, to get information about hardware and software on the appliance you would need find a technology that is able to gather that inventory, and then configure an inventory adapter in Flexera One ITAM to import data from that source.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)