cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle VM virtualbox Extension pack Evidence

I have a recent issue with a commercial application called Oracle VM virtualbox Extension pack, we have a significant Spike in installation count in just few days.  We have no issue with inventory device reconciliation or manual installation by end users. Further investigating to this we found a file evidence linked to this application named : VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe   is placed in user's machine who has VirtualBox(freeware) installed and not the commercial version installed which is causing the increase which was certainly not the case before.  

Can you anyone help me  know if this is a Flexera updated in their ARL for VM virtualbox Extension pack app which might have caused this? Have they added or updated newer evidences? As the source for this  file evidence is flexera. Hope you got my point else happy to rephase.

(1) Solution

Flexera Content ARL team has fixed this issue and will be part of upcoming ARL release (16th July 2021 ARL release).  We have reverted the recognition rule to 'Not for recognition' for File evidence VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe which was causing an issue. 

View solution in original post

(2) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

This sounds similar to the observations in the following forum thread: Sudden Increase in discovered installs of Oracle VM VirtualBox Extension Pack. As noted in that thread, there was indeed an update to VirtualBox application records in a relatively recent ARL release.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Flexera Content ARL team has fixed this issue and will be part of upcoming ARL release (16th July 2021 ARL release).  We have reverted the recognition rule to 'Not for recognition' for File evidence VBoxExtPackHelperApp.exe which was causing an issue.