cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optima Billing Center API

I would like to connect to the Optima API to pull billing center time series data for spend by service. Unfortunately I am not able to find documentation to support that. Has anyone had success with this and might be able to point me in the right direction? Thanks .
(3) Replies

Hello 

My name is Bradley and I support the Optima product. 

I believe what you are currently trying to do is not possible as the Optima API is very limited.

This means there is no way to extract data from billing centres via the API. 

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions. 

Thank you 

Bradley 

Hi @reniwqwil5,

Here are some links to the relevant API documentation you are looking for:

First, you will need to retrieve an API access token, directions can be found in the General API Usage page linked above.

Next, to get the cost data for a specific Billing Center, you will need to get the BIlling Centers id. This can be gathered via the URL when in the Billing Center in the Optima UI, or via the Billing Centers API listed above.

Once you have that, you can make a request to the aggregated or select resources in the Bill Analysis API linked above.

We are currently in the process of building up our Optima documentation to include more information around our APIs and how to use them.
In the meantime, please feel free to follow up here with any additional questions. You may also find it helpful to use your browser's developer tools to inspect the API calls the UI is making, or reference our cost policy templates for some more technical applications of the Optima APIs.

Here are some links to additional posts in our community that may be of some value: