cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One time upload from CMDB of specific fields.

I am trying to upload CMDB data from specific rows on an excel sheet. 
what template should I use from the provided zip file? 

I am trying to upload Environment ( Prod/Test/Dev)

Location (Where server is located)

Managed by (Support team)

Owned by (Owner of Product). 
Thank you in advance! 

(2) Solutions
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

On the assumption that you are seeking to upload data into Flexera One ITAM records (such as asset or inventory device records), this would typically be achieved by configuring a business adapter that reads data from your spreadsheet, and maps relevant columns to different properties in the Flexera One ITAM data model.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

View solution in original post

@Agustin830 - Chris is correct.  There is no "template" for performing this type of import, you will need to build out a Business Adapter.  Based on your original question, there may be additional work to perform before this information can be imported:

1) If you are assigning the "Environment" to an Inventory Device, then the value that you provide to Flexera One ITAM must be an exact match to the Device Role values that you see in ITAM.  For example, if your source file has "Dev" as the environment value you must transform this to the value of "Development"

2) The fields "Managed By" and "Owned By" do not exist in ITAM on either an Inventory Device or a Hardware  Asset.  You will likely need to have these set up as a Custom Field if you wish to track and report on these values within ITAM.

View solution in original post

(4) Replies
ChrisG
By Community Manager Community Manager
Community Manager

On the assumption that you are seeking to upload data into Flexera One ITAM records (such as asset or inventory device records), this would typically be achieved by configuring a business adapter that reads data from your spreadsheet, and maps relevant columns to different properties in the Flexera One ITAM data model.

(Did my reply solve the question? Click "ACCEPT AS SOLUTION" to help others find answers faster. Liked something? Click "KUDO". Anything expressed here is my own view and not necessarily that of my employer, Flexera.)

Yes, will be to Flexera one. Thank you for this! 

@Agustin830 - Chris is correct.  There is no "template" for performing this type of import, you will need to build out a Business Adapter.  Based on your original question, there may be additional work to perform before this information can be imported:

1) If you are assigning the "Environment" to an Inventory Device, then the value that you provide to Flexera One ITAM must be an exact match to the Device Role values that you see in ITAM.  For example, if your source file has "Dev" as the environment value you must transform this to the value of "Development"

2) The fields "Managed By" and "Owned By" do not exist in ITAM on either an Inventory Device or a Hardware  Asset.  You will likely need to have these set up as a Custom Field if you wish to track and report on these values within ITAM.

Noted. Thank you !